Wednesday, January 5, 2011

the change in winter light



yesterday, a corrected 2011 new year's card arrived. also in the mail: a delayed christmas card, poem included. one line of it is:

integrate existing trees
volumes & space

it made me smile, and print the Nightwood image from 2 posts below - and the collaborative monday poem that is now up in Leafpress: the change in winter light

this is my stanza:

Walking through snow, I realize I am missing
my garden - this feeling of earth between my hands.


and so it took shape: a wednesday collage.

2 comments:

justjulia said...

a great image "the earth between my hands."

wonderful stone for the river : )

Dorothee said...

i wrote that line in december already, to warm up for the river of stones - and a day later, saw the leafpress invite: stone place, i thought.