Friday, December 26, 2008

Nick Hornby - Mein Leben als Leser

14 essays on books read, and on books bought and not read. one surprise came when i looked for a book webpage. the german version is titled: "Mein Leben als Leser" - "My Life as a Reader". turns out, the original title is much more Hornby: "The Polysllabic Spree". reading it, i had this thought again that it would be nice if books came with a button to switch languages.

book page: The Polysyllabic Spree

author page: Nick Hornby blog (London, England)

line to remember (from the blog): "In a moment of extreme blockage, I found myself doing an online questionnaire for a well-known US newspaper. When I reached the end, I was asked to describe my occupation, and the only category to which I seemed to belong was Arts, entertainment, recreation, accommodation and food services."

No comments: