Tuesday, January 29, 2013

machine meditations, #4



from the series of "machine meditations" - after the washing machine, and the coffee machine, and the old clock, another of the machines who "live" here: my sewing machine.

and a note on the machine videos, from poet Rose Hunter:
"I like the machine videos. It makes me think, how astonishing it is we have all these machines in our lives, and (most of us/someone like me, not technically-minded) – no idea at all how they work. I find that's what occurs to me when I contemplate/meditate on, your little videos. :) I like it!"
it's same with me - this thought: how does this work? all those inventions that surround us, small ones and big ones. each coming from a line of development, adjustment, innovation. and even the manuals they have sometimes need an own manual.

 *

more mindful moments here and elsewhere:
 ...mindful moments in this blog
 ...the daily smallstone posts
 ...30 in 30

2 comments:

bookspersonally said...

I learned how to use a sewing machine many years ago in school, still use one sometimes, and I still marvel at them - interesting to watch up close, and how profoundly they changed women's lives I imagine. Also love the sound - familiar and unmistakable.

Dorothee said...

Sewing machines: mine accompanies me since years and years. Sometimes i sew mini book with it... oh, i could try one of those again, for a video (and for the joy of self-made mini-books)