Monday, January 6, 2014

I Hear the Wind Waiting (co-op poem)



Leaf Press co-op poem 2014
For the new year, Leaf Press organized a collaborative poem again - the theme this year was "Wind". The poem went online today - and it's beautiful and wild. Very happy to be part of this project, both in words, and in a windy image.

here's the link:
Leaf Press co-op poem 2014: I Hear the Wind Waiting 

*

strong wind...
and i just counted: 37 poets joined in this poem. my stanza is:

strong wind from the south: I put on my jacket, step into the garden
to fasten the roses, yet stand and listen to the hum of the sky



*

the prayer flags



While putting the wind stanza together, i thought of a wind photo i took a while ago, and the meaning behind it: tibetan prayer flags connect to wind from concept: the idea is to put the flags up in a high place, so that the wind can carry their mantras / prayers to all places and persons that are in need of them.


No comments: