Sunday, January 13, 2013

when travel books go travelling: Wor(l)ds Apart gets lost & found & read in a night (+ review copy offer)



sometimes books that go on journeys take a while to arrive - last year, i sent an early reader copy of my travel novel "Worlds Apart" to Brigita who lives in Eastern Europe, but the book got lost on the way. so we tried once more now with an e-book version. this finally worked out, and Brigita wrote back:

"I wanted to say that I enjoyed your book so much that I read it in one sitting last night. I love travelling, and Wor(l)ds apart offered a new perspective on it all. Reading it, I even saw my hometown differently. You're right, we're too often keen to travel to the other side of the world, while we don't even know our own 'backyard'. The prettiest wonders (natural, cultural or other) can be hidden right under our noses. I think, after reading Worlds apart, I'll be more attentive about this. So thank you." - Brigita

here's Brigita's book review / reading note in her blog:
"Worl(d)s Apart" at the write thing by Brigita

**

language, place, e-book offer

an additional link: some of you know Brigita, she is the one who hosted the language/place edition on "Individuation / Assimilation".

and an offer: if you are interested in a review copy of "Worlds Apart", too, then leave a comment here or send an e-mail: Dorothee.Lang (at) blueprint21 (dot) de

No comments: