Saturday, December 6, 2014

this special sky moment + a silent poem



 A special sky moment i never get tired of: sunrise.
 And double special: ocean sunrise.



Just 40 minutes later, arriving back from my sunrise walk, I took this second sky / ocean photo: this is almost from the same place: a little zen-like stone tower someone created at the beach, Which reminded me of the small stones writing. So I tried, and looked for word to capture the moment and feeling:

At the edge of the bay 
Nine stones turned 
Into a silent stone poem

Good I had the photo with me when walking past it - today when I looked for it, it was – gone. Which somehow is sad, but also fitting from theme: tomorrow our plane home is waiting, and we will be gone, too, and with it, summer. Back home, winter is waiting. (And now, a smallstone-photo is waiting, too, in the sidebar, with the smallstone-link to the previous moments.)

*

Links: 
More island moments: life as a journey – Lanzarote 2014
More skies from around the world: skywatch friday
And a new link: the stone tower now turned into a sidebar-link to bring back the previous smallstone moments.

3 comments:

Thomas Lee/Lee Lip Pang said...

truly a special one

cedarmerefarm said...

This is a beautifully composed post. The photos are gorgeous and the sentiment is lovely. Have a nice weekend.

Pearl Maple said...

Thanks for sharing your nature walk and lovely photos


my blog moved to www.pearlmaple.com