Monday, October 19, 2015

island moments + what I like best + 10.000 steps

I just tried to upload 5 photos - and on first try, only one made it through wifi, before the connection got too shaky for photos. But the one is perfect:

 

That was at the beach of Puerto Pollenca, where I strolled along the seaside, then bought some ice cream and then sat down to read - and was joined by this red cat.

The book I read there is one I read before - so nice to re-read this one: "Winnie-the-Pooh" by A.A. Milne. It was this quote in a blog that brought me there:
“Well," said Pooh, "what I like best," and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called.”


This sweet moment of anticipation, of looking forward to something that is just around the corner. Like walking up to the mini market to buy the icecream. And then sitting down, and be joined by a cat. The best moments are half those we long for, and half those you can't plan.

Here are some more of those island moments:

 

This is from yesterday, from walking up the stone path to St. Maria, a church on a hill near here. The path, it leads through a forest first, and then the view starts to open. It felt good, to be able to walk like that again, uphill, onwards, to a wider view.

Altogether, I walked 10.022 steps yesterday, my mobile phone kindly informed me. So many! I brought my nordic walking sticks with me, and they bring an impulse to walk further, to explore new ways, just like they did during the cure in Waldsee, and back home.

The next photo is the panorama view at the top of the hill. The bay you see, that's the bay of Pollenca in the North of Mallorca, where we are staying.

 

Visiting Alcudia again, this old town with a history that reaches back to Roman times. The afternoon there brought back the memory of the last time I've been there, and visited the ruins: into the isalnd past.



There is something about walking along paths that have a past. I don't know the word for it, either, but sometimes it feels like stones have a memory, too, That they carry the vibe of previous times.

Another moment: the scenic road to Formentera, the northernmost point of the island. Again, you see the bay in the photo:



And a final photo, which isn't from the island itself, but connected to it: two days before the island time started, there was an art therapy session in the hospital again. And this time, we didn't paint on paper, but on canvas. It was a first time for me. And I was both excited and nervous, to be able to do this. To work with those colors, as a symbol for the colors that are starting to fill my life again. And to not mess it up.

Also, that day I went to the hairdresser, to have a first real haircut since my hair is growing again. And so, the final moment is... me. With my painting, and with the haircut. And finally, starting to look (and feel) healthy again:


Which is another step: feeling good about how I look, and posting a photo of me with short hair.

*


No comments: