A memory from Frankfurt: walking along the main square, and noticing this piece of guerilla knitting right in the middle of the city.
Just some steps further: a construction site, with a photo of the same place, after the war. So much has happened in the last 60 years. So much keeps happening.
And some related / or otherwise interesting links:
- The Future of Cities - A Guernica special issue
- photo friday "contrast"
- Guerrilla knitting (also known as yarn bombing)
- Brazil Beyond Rio (Words without Borders July issue)
- Eden Walk: Headless, Wild and Wayward: Life Along the Old Silk Road
- Another Unwanted Facebook Update (social media article in the New Yorker)
- and just in case: Life saving tips for the wilderness