Wednesday, July 27, 2016

in the middle of a huge, empty landscape

oh, memories...
Once, when travelling in India, I went on an organized desert trip. In Rajasthan, that was. Two days of desert, riding on camels, camping out there.






A jeep picked me and the others up at the guesthouses, to take us to the starting point. They had music playing, Take me Home, Country Roads, and Sweet home Alabama. The songs accompanied us through the desert, and in the evening, at the camp fire, we sang them again, in the middle of this huge, empty, sandy landscape: "Take me home, country roads, to the place we belong."
Which was right there, for that day.

*
this memory was triggered by the current photo challenge "Middle of Nowhere"

more nowheres: photo friday

1 comment:

betty-NZ said...

I'm not a camper but I can imagine that the experience was wonderful!