Sunday, December 4, 2016

In widening circles



Today: a cold but sunny December Sunday.
Today: the theme for decemberreflections2016 today: Circle
Today: sleeping until 8, and remembering a liquid dream
Today: still trying to grasp the terribly sad news from a friend.
Today: a walk. talking about life, good and bad luck, fate, and hope.
Toaday: tears. memories. a Rilke poem, and a circle mandala, for some solace.

***

Widening Circles

I live my life in widening circles 
that reach out across the world. 
I may not complete this last one 
but I give myself to it. 

I circle around God, around the primordial tower. 
I've been circling for thousands of years 
and I still don't know: am I a falcon, 
a storm, or a great song? 

- Rainer Maria Rilke, Book of Hours, I 2
  (translation by J. Macy and A. Barrows at "On Being")

***


1 comment:

Vilt og vakkert said...

PS We could arrange an extraordinary walk, Blogger´s New Years Walk during the first week of January, starting on Sunday the first! DS - I have no Mr. Linky, that is also a conscious decision!
We wheel on.... BSW has a colorful cap, see: http://viltogvakkert.blogspot.no/2013/01/bloggers-sunday-walk-winter-2013.html,
your wheel could be the logo of BNYW!!! What do you think?