Tuesday, October 5, 2010

upcoming: frankfurt book fair 2010

tomorrow to come: Frankfurt book fair. i just printed my ticket, and then printed the fair plan, and marked interesting halls: guest country is Argentina. also, there is a comic-hall. and an art-book-hall. and a tent with readings again.

& now i just revisited my virtual notes from Frankfurt 2009 - back then, the guest country was China, which lead to enhanced security checks and concerns, but the fair itself was great, vibrating with themes and words. here 2 photos from back then:




the whole blog note is up here: Frankfurt book fair 2009 - the power of culture

:)

3 comments:

Sherry O'Keefe said...

this is something i'll likely never see or experience - i caught my breath a few times looking at the photos and reading your notes.

yes, the power of culture! thanks for sharing. look forward to hearing about this afterwards.

Jessie Carty said...

book fairs are so amazing! I was completely overwhelmed at the book selling section at the yearly AWP (Association of Writer's and Writing Programs) that I attended in Chicago a few years back. I'd love to go again but I'm too cheap!

Rose Hunter said...

Oh how wonderful! I'd love to go one day.