Friday, December 16, 2016

A (photo) secret



Today's #decemberreflections challenge / theme is: A Secret.

Which is a real challenge, as once you tell a secret, it ceases being a secret. So I looked for a playful approach to that, and googled some quotes about secrets.. which itself was interesting.  There was one quote that read like a zen-riddle, by Diane Arbus:
"A photograph is a secret about a secret. The more it tells you the less you know.” 
So here's a secret about me and museums and photography: When I visit an exhibition, I sometimes catch a photo of other visitors who are immersed in looking at the art. It's probably a reflection of the way I stand there myself - and of the interaction between art and the one who is looking at the artwork.

Looking at the photos now, they take me right back to the museums. The first photo is from February, visiting a light-art exhibition at a museum near here in South Germany.



The second photo is from the Miro exhibition in Frankfurt... and the third is from the Miro museum in Mallorca.



**

More #decemberreflections


No comments: